The SnowMan's JAWS For Windows Scripts Page
This page was updated on December 23, 2015.
What's New From The SnowMan
- Scripts for the Reaper MultiTrack audio/midi recorder are free, and are available here:
On the Reaper Page
- The Snowman is broadcasting again. Tune to MushroomFM, at 8 PM eastern US time saturday night, :01:00 Universal Sunday. The program features music from 60's 70's and 80's. But, it's not just a music machine. there's plenty of thoughtful commentary, and just plain verbal screwing around on the part of the Snowman. Now, there is a person to listen to the music with you. Check it out Saturday evening US time at:
- Sound forge 11 scripts are updated to version 11.0.4, with some improvement on audio scanning, though the fundamental
problems seemt to be problems internal to Sound Forge itself, and thus may not have a solution that we can control.
This version also adds the audio tone reminder for when recording, and improves handling of the tab key when selecting channels in a soun dfile.
- Sound Forge 10 scripts updated to version 10.0.15 to migrate improvements for the tab key when selecting channels back from sound forge 11.
- An audio demo of the Snowman demonstrating object browsing using HotSpotClicker. For a higher quality, stereo recording, visit
HotSpotClicker.org. But, here is the Monaural Cheaper Version
- We have permission from Freedom Scientific to distribute the Sound Forge tutorial prepared for sound forge 4.5. While some aspects of sound forge have changed since this tutorial was prepared, it remains mostly relevant today, and is still quite instructive to the Sound Forge beginner. To acquire a copy, write to
- Script Manager scripts, for the JAWS script manager, updated to version 18, to add support for For loops, and ForeEach loops.
- JLS_Utilities, for script developers, is updated to version 44 to improve object navigation, clean up
the hot key help, several other iprovements. Now has an installer!
- The snowman is interviewed on the
produced by Pete and Nancy Torpey. A link to the Podcast is:
- Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 support is finally posted
- It doesn't belong here, but WWSNOW.COM has been reborne. The Snowman Radio Broadcast files are now being pod casted in high fidelity MP3 audio. Keep track of:
Or you can:
GetIt Through FeedBurner.com
- Since JAWS 6 and later has a reorganized folder structure, many folks are having trouble finding the folder where custom scripts should be installed. There is some guidance here:
How do I find the folder where personal scripts should be Installed?
What Is This Page All About?
This page lists various scripts developed for the screen reader program JAWS For Windows by Freedom Scientific used by the blind to gain access to computer applications. These scripts are designed to render PC access as complete and convenient as possible. The SnowMan is an experienced script writer, has taken the Customizing Jaws For Windows training provided by Freedom Scientific, and has been developing software professionally for over 50000 years. Best of all, The SnowMan uses his own scripts, so you know they are designed to make your life as easy as possible.
These scripts are provided in English only. You can use jaws setup for other languages, But the text spoken by these scripts, and the text displayed by the applications must be in English. Special adaptation to other non-english keyboard layouts is the responsibility of the user.
How To Purchase
We offer the PayPal system as the primary method to allow you to pay for your scripts by credit card. Our PayPal address is snowman@HeartOfIowa.net.
Send an e-mail to the SnowMan
specifying which scripts you would like to obtain, the version of JAWS you are presently running, and your jaws serial number. The serial number is just used to impeed piracy. We will send you an invoice via ProPay which consists of an e-mail message with a link to a secure web site where you can enter your credit card information. When the transaction is complete, we will send your scripts via e-mail attachment. Do not send us your credit card information via E-mail. Write to
Want to learn to write JAWS scripts yourself?
Read about the very basic
Script-Writing Tutorial Compact Disk offered by The SnowMan.
Vastly improve your own ability to increase accessibility of your favorite programs yourself. A free adaptive utility called
can be used with any application. It doesn't already know about your application. You have to teach it.
But, you don't have to know scripting to do so. You just need to know something about how to operate the application from a user's perspective.
HotSpotClicker is free, but donations are earnestly solicited .
Serious script writers will want to take a look at the SnowMan's free utilities for exploring applications.
This set is analogous to JAWS scripting mode on steroids, and lets you quickly navigate the logical windows structure of the system to obtain the kind of information used by scripts, without entering in to any special keyboard mode.
MSAA objects can also be navigated.
Script Writing Utilities
List Of Available Scripts
Click on a link below for more information about scripts for any of the following applications.
Sound forge 11
Sound Forge 10.
Sound Forge 9
Sound Forge 8.0d
Sound Forge 7.0
Sound Forge 6.0
Sound Forge, Version 5
Sound Forge, Version 4.5 or XP
OtsAV version 1.77 and 1.85
OTS DJ Version 1.00
Miscellaneous Free Scripts
Roxio Easy CD Creator version 5
Easy CD Creator version 4
Following is a list of scritps offered by John Martyn at DoItBlind.com.
www.DoItBlind.com JAWS Scripts for the Blind
www.BlindTunes.net iTunes accessibility JAWS scripts for the blind
www.RhapsodyBlind.com Rhapsody the music subscription service JAWS scripts
www.SpotifyBlind.com Spotify the music streaming service JAWS scripts
www.OneNoteBlind.com JAWS scripts to access Microsoft OneNote the note taking program
www.SoundTaxiBlind.com A music converter that takes music and converts it to MP3 so you can upload it to your favorite Blind accessible player
Naturally, we would love to hear from you. Send e-mail to:
Back To The SnowMan Main Page